Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jilian & Jay | Philadelphia Wedding Photographer

It's been a while since I updated but I have good reason, it's busy season. I've got several weddings that we're getting ready to get onto the blog but first I wanted to put up an awesome engagement shoot that just finished up. As you have hopefully noticed I'm not big on cliches. You're hopefully seeing that my work doesn't look too terribly much like many of the other types of wedding photography out there. I like to work from a more personal point of view when photographing people. I like to build a connection between myself and whoever I'm photographing and I want to take advantage of any and all opportunities to create something unique but at the same time reflective of unique personalities, quirks, looks, etc.

So with Jilian and Jay I knew I wanted to do something super cool. I think that when people are in love, there's very little I should or need to do to bring that out in them. Just put people together and let the sparks or silliness ensue. They live in Northern Liberties, where we did the shoot, and are very much city folk, down to earth and fun to be around.

Enough words, here's some favorites from the shoot and a fuller collection here. (If you're curious, there are no special Photoshop techniques going on in these pictures.)








No comments:

Copyright

All pictures posted on this blog are protected by U.S. copyright and are the property of Scott Lewis and can not be used without written permission.

About Me

I'm a veteran photojournalist with 20 years of experience telling stories with pictures.