Friday, October 3, 2008

Here's the story

In my last post I talked up this huge project by James Nachtwey and the TED foundation. Here it is.

As is no surprise the images are powerful, painful and important. Drug resistant TB is a growing global health crisis that I heard about several years ago when I worked on a local story about the increase of TB in Durham, NC when I was a newspaper photographer. I remember hearing about drug resistance to TB as an emerging issue then but it seems to have gotten to a point of being on the verge of a true global health crisis.

No comments:

Copyright

All pictures posted on this blog are protected by U.S. copyright and are the property of Scott Lewis and can not be used without written permission.

About Me

I'm a veteran photojournalist with 20 years of experience telling stories with pictures.