Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Portraits

Even though my background and skills/passion leave me best suited to photograph the world as it is, I have grown to really enjoy set-up portraits. The other day I shot my third reality TV "star" (Genevieve Gorder from Trading Spaces was the first, Michael from Bravo's Top Design was 2 and I'm not counting Carson Kresley from Queer Eye in a passing moment at a Fashion Week assignment in NYC.) for The Boston Globe. I met Jay McCarroll at a cool boutique in South Philly, Mew Gallery, where he sells some of his bags with his signature circle design. Jay was promoting his well-received documentary, Eleven Minutes, made about his life after Project Runway. He was patient and fun as we tried various ideas. Even though his on-camera persona is pretty high energy he was somewhat ironically serious and composed when it came time to snap away. That's cool, we all have many sides and I don't blame him for wanting to have some control over how he's gonna be portrayed in the media.

No comments:

Copyright

All pictures posted on this blog are protected by U.S. copyright and are the property of Scott Lewis and can not be used without written permission.

About Me

I'm a veteran photojournalist with 20 years of experience telling stories with pictures.